Android Device Manager: Android's version of "Find Your Phone"


[FEATURE] So recently I got my brand new OnePlus One 64GB Cyanogen version and I explored the phone quite abit, i mean it has been a long time since I had an Android phone. And Android Device Manager is one of the feature that I come across.

Android Device Manager (ADM) is Google's official tool to track your Android device. Released in 2013, ADM is compatible with Android devices running version 2.2 and above. Due to the fragmentation nature of Android, there is a small possibility that not every device above 2.2 would have ADM included or working 100%.

ADM would require the device to be connected to your Google account, turned on and connected to the Internet. With these conditions, you can track the location of your phone (like the screenshot above), ring your phone and ultimately wipe all data off your phone.

I also trying it out of my Nexus 7 2013 16GB, ADM works perfectly and tells me approximately where my tablet is. And the options to ring, lock or erase my tablet were available.

Well, ADM is not quite what Apple's version can do. Give Google sometime, it will only get better.

Link - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3265955?hl=en
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home