Windows Vista: Mobility Center

During the course of my study, we often have to present our project on the Powerpoint. And it is usually shown on the projector connected to our notebooks. My schoolmates sometimes have difficulty detecting the projector on their notebook. Most notebooks have the shortcut key to switch the display; often Fn + F2. Strangely, it does not work all the time. It could be that the notebook is slow to detect or it happens to on a manual mode.

Anyhow, Windows Mobility Center can solve the problem. You can find it under Control Panel (Classic View). I created the shortcut to it on my desktop.

Photobucket

It have quite a number of items on it. But "External Display" is what I am looking at here.

Photobucket

So you get the idea. Connect to your external display then click "Connect display".

Photobucket

It should detect the source in less than 5 seconds. And there you go.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home